Best Full HD Camera Camcorders 2018
The best moments of life cannot be easily forgotten by the people who experienced it. Take, for instance, a couple that had their wedding in Hawaii – that’s sensational. In as much as they cannot forget the sweet memories they had, they can also allow other people, especially their children, look into their world. This is only possible through images and videos.
With the invention of cameras and mobile phones, keeping memories through images and videos became easier. But to be honest, there’s a limit to what a smartphone camera can do. That explains why companies like Nikon, Canon, and Sony began producing high-quality video cameras and camcorders.
Best Full HD Camera Camcorders 2018
1. Panasonic HC-X920 3D Ready HD 3MOS Digital Camcorder with Wi-fi
Many are of the opinion that the Panasonic HC-X920 full HD camera camcorder is expensive. To be honest, it is expensive, but it’s worth every penny you pay for it.
The Panasonic HC-X920 offers a plethora of features. They include variable optical zoom, larger camera sensors, top of the line lens quality and a whopping maximum resolution pegged at 20.4 MP.
The Panasonic HC-X920’s video resolution and framerate stand at 1080p at 60fps with a maximum aperture of f/1.5 – f/2.8. Aside from the standard optical zoom which stands at 12x, it also has a 25x extended zoom capability.
The camera is equipped with face detection technology alongside a super responsive optical image stabilizer. It also comes with Integrated WiFi support, and a built-in storage and a 3.5-inch touchscreen. In my opinion, the touch screen is not as responsive as I imagined, however, it still works great.
Weighing 12.7 ounces, the Panasonic HC-X920 full HD camera camcorder can be said to be lightweight.
- Top-notch image quality thanks to its 1080p HD 20.4 MP camera
- Integrated WiFi support for sharing the video to a screen, for instance
- Memory card slot
- Crystal clear 3.5-inch LCD screen
- 12x optical zoom with 25x extended zoom
- Slow responding touchscreen
- The plastic build of the camera’s body makes it prone to damage if it falls
Conclusion: The Panasonic HC-X920 full HD camera camcorder is the perfect recommended camcorder for anyone seeking to buy one. Its price, however, keeps people away from it.
2. Canon VIXIA HF R700 Camcorder
The Canon Vixia HF R700 full HD camera camcorder is an outstanding product from Canon. Canon is one of the market leaders when it comes to photography and its related products and services. The HF R700 is undoubtedly a great masterpiece from them.
Firstly, the Vixia HF R700 addresses the issue of the lackluster performance of the Panasonic HC-X920’s touchscreen. This implies that the Vixia’s touchscreen is more responsive than that of the Panasonic
The Vixia HF R700 weighs 8.32 ounces and as such, is lightweight and portable.
Canon equipped the HF R700 with state of the art 20.7MP camera which provides 32x optical zoom. Additionally, you’ll get a whopping 57x extended zoom as well as an optical image stabilizer, face detection ability, and a 3-inch touchscreen.
The HF R700 camera produces high-quality images and videos with a resolution and framerate of 1080p at 60fps. Its maximum aperture stands at f/1.8 – f/4.5.
- Glossy exterior body finishing gives it a premium look
- High quality 20.7 MP camera with 32x optical zoom and 57x extended zoom
- Super responsive 3-inch LCD screen
- Very lightweight and portable
- Smudges and fingerprints stick to the camera’s glossy exterior
- If you’ve used a higher end camera, you may be displeased with its video quality.
Conclusion: The Canon Vixia HF R700 camera can serve as a good backup full HD camera camcorder for anyone looking for a backup camera camcorder.
3. Sony HDR-CX440 Handycam Camcorder
Last on our list of the best full HD camera camcorders is the Sony HDR-CX440 Handycam camcorder. The first thing you may notice about the Sony CX440 is the absence of a touchscreen and an inbuilt storage.
You’ll need to navigate the camera’s 2.7-inch screen via the buttons. However, Sony made up for that flaw with some of the other features on the CX440.
Next, you’ll notice the camera is more lightweight than the other cameras above and will be a good travel companion.
It has the same resolution and framerate as the Canon Vixia HF R700 but a slightly different maximum aperture.
Furthermore, the image quality of the CX440 is below par, but that is why the camera costs less than other camera models which have those features. It has a 9.2 MP camera for with 30x optical zoom but lacks the extended zoom feature.
Other features of the Sony HDR-CX440 include NFC2 and WiFi support. More so, you can stream your videos live via the Ustream 4 live streaming interface.
- Crystal clear images via the 9.2 MP camera with 30x optical zoom
- UStream live support for direct video streaming
- NFC2 and WiFi support for wirelessly sharing the camera’s videos
- Crystal clear 2.7-inch LCD screen (non-touchscreen)
- The LCD screen is not touchscreen
- Lacks inbuilt storage
- Lack of extended zoom.
Conclusion: The Sony HDR-CX440 Handycam camcorder may not meet all your expectations but it costs less and is a great choice for anyone on a budget.
Now, here’s the second part…
The Full HD Camera Camcorders Buying Guide
For a new consumer that is looking to buy a camcorder, you should stay away from the 4K models except, of course, you have enough money to afford one. You’ll also need a computer capable of editing 4K videos. These two will astronomically jack up your budget.
Before you make a purchase, it is important that you know some of the tips below.
- What’s your budget? The amount of money you have set aside to purchase the camera can greatly influence the model you end up buying. As it is with many products, the higher the number of features the camcorder has, the higher the price. Additionally, accessories that come with the camcorder can jack up the price beyond your budget.
- Battery Life: You’ll definitely use the camcorder without plugging it to a power source. Thus, it’s imperative to go for a good video camera camcorder that has long-lasting battery life. The longer, the better. Additionally, the battery ought to be detachable and must be compatible with external battery chargers. You as the camera owner needs to buy an external battery charger so that while you’re using one battery in the camcorder, you’re charging the other. This will ensure that you don’t miss the great moments you want to capture.
- Accessories: Does the camcorder allow for the addition of extras. This isn’t all that important although it can come in handy once in a while. For instance, an HDMI port or a USB port or an AV port or a microphone port.
- WiFi/NFC connectivity: With the WiFi or NFC connectivity, you can share the video you’re currently recording to a computer or to a bigger display. This can allow another audience watch what is happening on a bigger screen.
- Storage options: One of the problems that still plague most of these recording devices is limited storage space. To alleviate the problem, many manufacturers ensure their cameras have built-in storage memory. Additionally, there’s always an SD card slot capable of accommodating up to 128GB memory cards. This allows you to continue recording your videos without fear of running out of data. Be sure to look out for the size of the internal storage of the camcorder you want to buy.
- Size of the LCD screen: The LCD screen is essential. Most camcorders now have touchscreen LCDs that make controlling them easier. One thing to look out for is the touch responsiveness of the screens. Some screens respond slowly. Furthermore, touchscreen sizes range from 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch. The bigger the better.
- Zoom: The optical zoom feature of the camcorder is also worth noting although most cameras have 30x optical zoom ability. Additionally, the cameras can also have extended zoom mode which is often bigger than the optical zoom.
Finally, it is important to get a camera that suits your personality as well as your budget. More so, you also need a storage bag for your camera so it doesn’t get scratches from being kept and just taken about anywhere.