Best Dress Shoes for Bad Knees for 2018
Dress shoes come in different shapes, color, types and even sizes. This makes it pretty hard to pick the right pair. If you have bad knees you are even supposed to be more careful as not every dress shoe will be right for you. In this post we have scoured the market and handpicked seven of the best men and women dress shoes for people with bad knees.
Dress shoes are subtle, smooth with supple leather uppers, leather insoles, and a slim, sleek figure. Dress shoes are shoes to be worn for official purposes or a smart casual event. Many people use dress shoes as their standard everyday shoe.
When choosing the best dress shoe for bad knees, there are features you need to consider. The right shoe for bad knees should be well cushioned to absorb shock, equipped with a firm outsole to make sure your gait stays in place with every step you take, orthotic insole and also reliable and effective arch support.
Below are the best dress shoes for bad knees for both women and men.
Best Men and Women's Dress Shoes for Bad Knees
1. CLARKS Men's Escalade Step Slip-On Loafer
The Clarks Escalade is worth considering if you are looking for a comfortable, easy to put on shoe that’s suitable for most occasions- either official or casual events. It is also attractive, eye-catching and lightweight hence comfortable to wear throughout the day.
The Clarks Escalade is made from a full grain leather and is available in black, brown and cognac. The Clarks Escalade has a hidden elastic panel for easy slip-on entry, so it is easy to put it on.
The shoe’s comfortability is due to the padded collar, the leather and soft fabric lining, the removable leather insole with ortholite technology and also the elastic stretch gore to provide a secure fit. The flexible outsole on comfort footbed with 1.5” heel height offers additional comfort.
- It is versatile.
- Square toe box.
- Leather upper.
- It has a rubber traction outsole.
- Slip-on closure with elastic stretch gore.
- The leather and soft fabric lining.
- Lightweight synthetic sole.
- The sole is a bit slippery.
- Separate complaints about the shoe running a little narrow.
- There have been complaints that the brown color is lighter in person.
- They tend to squeak on some type of floors.
2. ECCO Men's Helsinki Oxford
The Helsinki oxford is a comfortable man dress shoe with a smart design. The one-inch heel that adds shape to the shoe, the bike toe, the lacing on top which provides a secure fit but not too big to make the shoe casual, and also the small branding and the double stitch makes this shoe eye-catching.
Fitted with a direct-injected Polyurethane (PU) outsole with a shock point, a dry and soft footbed can be removed to insert arch support makes this shoe suitable for men with bad knees. The synthetic sole is lightweight and provides a long-wearing strength. The padded insole with a contoured heel cushion and arch support makes it comfortable for everyday use.
Helsinki oxford removable leather insole means you can be able to replace it with custom insoles to give you the best cushioning.
- It is durable and reliable.
- It accommodates wide feet.
- The rubber outsole melted onto the leather makes the shoe watertight hence reliable even in rainy seasons.
- The shoe is odorless and dries out quickly.
- The break-in period can be long and painful on your feet.
- In the beginning, the shoe can be difficult to stretch.
3. Dansko Men's Wayne Slip-On
The Wayne slip-on loafer is a modern twist of classic shoes that provide you with the comfort for an all-day professional business. The lightweight construction, the double goring, Polyurethane (PU) midsole and triple density EVA insole, the removable footbed that accommodates orthotics are some other features that make this shoes suitable for people with bad knees. Slip resistance and the antimicrobial sock-lining are other attractive features of the Wayne slip-on loafer.
The Wayne slip-on loafer is soft, suede shoe with a full leather lining to absorb moisture and increase breathability hence keeping your feet fresh and free of abrasion. The nitrol rubber sole not only provides a slip-resistant treaded grip for better and secure movement, but it is also thick enough to give you a good lift and shock absorption.
- Compatible with custom orthotics makes it ideal for men who depend on orthotics.
- Thick and sturdy hence it is durable.
- Easy fit.
- The slip-resistant Nitrol rubber sole is perfect for walking on floors that can get slick from time to time.
- The lightly padded collar provides comfort.
- We wish it came with better sizes.
4. ECCO Men's Fusion II Slip-On Loafer
The Slip-On II is a comfortable shoe you can wear to work or for a semi-casual event like a dinner party or even a date. It is classy and very good looking. Its versatility, well-thought design, and intelligent construction make it suitable for daily use. The slip-on II is durable, so it is going to serve you for a while before needing a replacement or repairing it.
The direct-injected one component Polyurethane (PU) outsole with shock absorption; the removable leather covered inlay sole with ECCO comfort fiber system are some of the features that make slip-on II is suitable for men with bad knees. You also have the option of installing heel pads if you depend on orthotics.
- Constructed with breathable materials hence it stays odorless.
- Perforated leather lining with extra padding enhances comfort.
- The lightweight outsole has additional shock absorption to provide the needed comfort.
- It is available in varying sizes and colors (coffee, amber, and black).
- It is airport friendly- it has nylon or TPU shank allowing the wearer to go through security checkpoints without removing their shoes.
- Some people have reported that the shoe feels loose around the ankles.
5. Orthofeet Chelsea Comfort Orthopedic Women's Slip on Shoes
Chelsea is an advance comfort dress shoe that is not only suitable for women with back pains but is also great for foot conditions like heel pain, diabetic foot, Morton's neuroma, arthritis among others.
Chelsea contains all the required technologies and comfort features that an orthopedic shoe needs. The extra depth design together with a soft, non-binding leather upper eases the pressure on the foot provides a better fit and good toe movement. In addition, the lightweight cushioning sole with an ergonomic stride design softens your step and propels the foot forward while the Ortho-step orthotic sole designed with anatomical arch support and deep heel-seat give support and shock absorption.
- The interior space of the shoe can be adjusted to provide a perfect fit using the two sets of removable spacers (1/16” and 1/8” thick).
- An extra- long strap makes customizing the size strap to fit any foot size and shape possible.
- Two-way strap system for easy adjustment of the shoe length and also fastening either side of the shoe.
- Wide opening plus a strap closure makes wearing and removal of the shoe easier.
- Separate complaints about the sole falling off.
6. Aravon Women's Andrea-AR Ballet Flat
The aravon is a very good looking casual-cum-formal shoe designed to appeal to a practical-minded woman. Andrea-AR ballet flat is designed to provide comfort for a woman with bad knees.
It is highly cushioned to provide comfort, and although the shoe does not offer much in terms of arch support, the insoles are removable, so you easily insert customized orthotics. The one-inch heel gives you the right combination of style and comfort.
The aravon women’s Andrea-AR ballet flats do not offer much when it comes to arch support but the toe box is roomy but snug so you will not feel like you slipping when walking.
- Slip-on design for easy on and off.
- Full grain leather upper features, a textured cap and a decorative band at vamp.
- A durable, removable rubber outsole that feels soft and firm.
- A removable EVA and memory foam footbed with stability cradle.
- A moisture wricking Dri-Lex fitted in both the lining and the microfiber footbed cover.
- Lightweight, so it is comfortable and can serve as an everyday shoe.
- We wish it had better arch support.
- Separate complaints about the navy blue being slate blue in person
7. Dansko Women's Franny Flat
Meet your everyday style needs while enjoying the comfort and elegance you get from Franny flat shoes. This shoe has all the quality features that a comfortable flat work shoe a woman with bad knees requires. Dansko Franny flat is made of 100% quality leather making it very durable and sturdy.
The synthetic sole, a high density cushioning, a breathable leather and soft textile lining, durable outsole to provide traction and also a contoured EVA footbed with arch support gives you maximum comfort. The approximately 1-inch heel is also very comfortable, supportive and offers a touch of style without having to strain your legs. The molded and refurbished footbeds make the shoe comfortable even if you spend many hours standing.
- The side buckle and button makes the shoe more attractive.
- The sole is integrated with tuck board and shank to give your proper stability.
- The fully padded insole makes walking very comfortable.
- The shoe is available in two colors (Black Milled Nappa and Taupe Burnished Nappa) as well as various sizes.
- No break-in period is needed.
- Removable cushioned insole with arch support.
- It requires little polishing.
Cons.Isolated complaint of fit and comfort
And there we have it, our top picks for the best dress shoes for bad knees for both men and women.