5 Best Travel Accessories In 2018 That You Should Consider
When it comes to travelling, having the right kind of gear and the right travel accessories is of vital importance.
We mean, imagine you are on a trip to a seaside, prepared to make the best use of your vacation, when all of a sudden, your luggage gives away and you are left scrambling here and there to buy or even find a decent store to get another bag so that you can repack all of your belongings. We also imagine that it will not only ruin your day but perhaps your entire vacation.
To avoid situations like that, you need to make sure that you have the right kinds of travel accessories. It is because good accessories can either make your trip the best you have ever had or simply a disaster.
Best Travel Accessories
1. Rocky Kids’ FQ0003710 Mid Calf Boot
ood boots are very important, especially if you are traveling, and more so if you are hiking up a rough terrain. Not only can a bad boot lead to injuries like hamstring pulls and ankle injuries, which can take a long time to heal, but a good boot can also make your journey seem really good. That is why we recommend the boot, designed particularly for the outsides and it last in any and all temperature and weather. The sole is made of rubber with specialized gripper so that no matter the side and nature of the terrain that you are hiking, you need not worry about any accidents happening.
- The sole is made of rubber, which gives it a good grip for walking on rough terrain.
- These are surprisingly lightweight, and hence very easy to carry.
- These can be used even on ice.
- It is synthetic leather, which needs good care.
- It cannot handle too much of water.
2. AYAMAYA Lightweight Durable Hiking Backpack
When it comes to the weather, there is no such thing as being too careful, especially if it is the weather in a hilly region. While you have your average water-resistant bags to store all of your things inside it, it is always a good idea to carry a bigger water resistant protective cover to put all of your necessary nick-knacks inside, if the sky starts to pour down all of a sudden.
The AYAMAYA Pack Cover not only protects the bags from the dust and the rain, but it can also double up as a carrier for those little things.
- It is very light and can be folded to carry around anywhere
- The clip lock mechanism is designed to hold the bag tightly
- The size can be changed to accommodate bags of various sizes
- While it is useful to keep away water and light rain, it is not so effective in case of torrential downpour
- The material is not strong enough to hold too many things on its own as a bag
3. Quechua Arpenaz Hiking Bag-10 Ltr
When it comes to taking children on hiking and camping trips, it is important to ensure that they carry small responsibilities, in order to make sure that they are prepared for the outdoors. That is why the Quechua Arpenaz Hiking Bag is a good option when you want to take your children to the outdoors for a short while. Even you can carry essentials like a bit of food and a water bottle if you plan on going somewhere nearby for a picnic, in this.
- It is very lightweight and small, and hence can be easily carried by children
- The back and the straps have been padded to minimize discomfort
- Can be carried to picnics and even to the gym
- This bag cannot be used to carry heavy objects like laptops
- The bag is not made of waterproof material
4. Rimei Multifunction Stainless Steel Corrosion Resistant Knife Set
A lot of times, people have to leave behind all of their sharp objects. It is especially if they travel by air because airports do not allow individuals to carry sharp objects in their carry-on bags. Besides, isn’t it more burdensome to carry a thousand different things like can openers, a small knife, a kitchen knife and so on, when you get almost all of your work done with this Rimei Multifunction Stainless Steel Knife? In fact, it serves tons of purposes both inside the kitchen as well as while traveling outside.
- Can be used as a saw, bottle opener, can opener, needle, scissors and so on
- Can also be used to cut your nails
- Is very small and hence portable
- This knife cannot be used to slice thick or hard materials
- It does not have a flashlight attached to it
5. Intex Hand Air Pump
Most people when traveling, especially when going camping, trekking or hiking, prefer to carry inflatable sleeping bags with them. It is because they are extremely light and therefore very easy to carry. However, inflating those bags can be very stressful, and hence the need for a pump.
The Intex hand Air Pump is fairly small in size. And since the entire body is made of tough fiber, it also happens to be very lightweight, making it easy to be carried around.
- Is extremely lightweight and easy to put in your bag
- Can be used to inflate airbags, pools, tube toys and so on
- Provided with three different nozzles
- Can be used in both upwards and downwards direction
- Since it is small, you need a few minutes to inflate an object
- Outer body is made of plastic, and hence isn’t indestructible
Worth Read – Best Scooters for Adults
How to decide on which kinds of traveling accessories you need?
The problem with most of us is that while packing for a trip, we tend to go overboard and end up bringing along more things that we actually need. Consequently, out bags become heavier. Hence, it is up to us to not only travel smart but to also pack smart. On that note, let us take a brief note on how to decide what to bring along with us.
- Know where you are going: As always, research is the key, and it barely takes a few minutes. Therefore, it is always a good idea to take some time off of your schedule and research the place that you going to, especially about its weather and its topography. For instance, if it is rainy and rough, then you need traveling outdoor boots, but if it is the beach, you can stick to your basic and comfortable sandals.
- Know what you are doing: It would not make any sense if you are going to the beach and carrying sleeping bags with you, would it? Similarly, the gears and traveling accessories that you carry have to be in accordance with what you are doing. Usually, if it is a small-scale vacation for a few days, then you would not require anything special save for the usual like a knife, a flashlight and so on. However, if you are hiking, then you have to be prepared because you will need a lot of traveling gear, just to be safe.
- Check all your gear before going: Nothing is more frustrating than packing all of your gear and traveling accessories in your bag, only to realize when you unpack them at the beginning of the journey that they are broken, damaged or rusty. To avoid situations like these, make sure that all of your traveling accessories are packed. Also, if you are taking inflatable bags, make sure to check them for holes and air leak pathways.
- Ask your friends or guide: if it is your first time undertaking a journey or travel like this, then it is always a good idea to ask your friends who have had a little bit of experience with this. You can ask them for a recommendation as to what to buy, where to buy and how to care for them, as well as what are the things you should be carrying with you to have a safe and comfortable journey.
- No matter what always carry extra water and lights: If there are two things that you cannot carry enough of, then let those two be water and extra lights, in the form of flashlights and extra batteries. A good sports water bottle is always a good investment, and you should always carry one that not holds ample water for the journey ahead, but also keeps your water in the average temperature and prevents it from spilling while you are moving around.
As mentioned, traveling needs serious planning and some tough and resistant gear as well as accessories to go with it. So, take your time, look around, do your research before buying anything. Don’t forget to leave us with your thoughts in the comments section down below. Also let us know which traveling accessories and gears worked best for you and your family.
Until then happy shopping and safe traveling!