Best Kids Shoes for Flat Feet in 2019
Last Updated: July 2019
The primary purpose of wearing shoes is not fashion but protection. When it comes to kids, finding the right shoe for your kid is very important. The right shoes promote healthy growth, proper bones development, prevent feet pains and also help develop the right posture. A lot of parents focus on the price, the shoe’s durability, and even its fashion sense. In doing so, they end up forgetting the most critical aspect of a kid’s shoe; that is comfortability and development.
Flat foot is a hereditary trait. If a parent is flat-footed, he/she can pass the trait to their kids. Kids with flat feet experience excruciating pain in the feet and legs if they are in the wrong shoes, and this can affect their posture. A good pair of supportive shoe will help prevent your kid’s feet from collapsing upon standing and goes a long way in reducing or eliminating the pain entirely. A good supportive shoe for flat feet is highly cushioned, lightweight, and breathable. Also, it has removable insoles to support custom orthotics if needed and also have arch support.
Here’s a review of the best shoes for kids with flat feet.
BEST KIDS SHOES FOR FLAT FEET
1. Stride Rite Claire Mary Jane
Stride Rite Claire is a long-lasting shoe that your kid will enjoy wearing for a long time without having to visit the cobbler or replacing it entirely. The shoe is stylish but very comfortable, and therefore it can serve as an everyday shoe. To get the best from this great shoe, exercise proper maintenance. For instance, use a damp cloth with a little mild detergent to clean the shoe, brush off dry dirt, and stuff the shoes with newspaper and air dry to maintain its shape. You can also treat Stride Rite Claire with a conditioner.
Stride Rite Claire is ideal for kids with flat feet because of its padded collar that provides comfort and also serves as a shock absorber, lightweight and flexible outsole. The memory foam insole also helps to enhance the kid’s comfort.
- Hook and loop closure for easy on and off.
- It is versatile.
- Rounded edges to decrease falls and stumbles.
- Deep flex grooves to help develop and maintain the child’s natural movement.
- Non-marking rubber outsole.
- New lightweight outsole for maximum flexibility.
- Available in various colors (Navy, Brown, and Black) and different sizes.
- Separate complaints about the shoe running large and narrow.
2. Pediped Kids' Flex Isabella-K
The design of Pediped Isabella is explicitly for growing toddlers. Your kid will feel like they are walking barefoot in this show. Designed for running, playing or even travel, this shoe provides comfort and protection. The make of Pediped Isabella comes from premium, high quality, and distressed leather. The leather in this shoe will scratch so you will need to use a soft cloth and gentle shoe polish of the same shade to maintain the quality.
The technology used to make this shoe makes it ideal for kids with flat feet. It is highly cushioned to absorb shock and provide ultimate comfort, flexible soles, has a breathable leather lining, and flexible rubber sole. Also, the shoe contains removable insoles, making installation of orthotics possible if necessary.
- Ultra-flexible flex zones provide flexibility and support natural foot movement.
- The heel cushion distributes pressure equally hence reducing stress. It also protects the feet against impact.
- Flexible soles and uppers promote healthy foot development.
- Durable rubber sole.
- Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) for promoting healthy foot development in kids.
- Velcro closure for adjustability and proper fit.
The toes get easily scuffed during play but is expected.
3. BEARPAW Kids' Emma Toddler Zipper Mid Calf Boot
Bearpaw Emma toddler boot comes in handy in keeping your kid’s feet warm and protected during the cold season. It is a stylish, cute and very comfortable shoe. Let your kid enjoy this boot with a classic look and contemporary style.
The design of Bearpaw Emma boot takes into consideration the kid's development and comfort. The lightweight EVA outsole provides comfort to the kid’s feet and is also cushy in various environments. The shoe is highly cushioned due to the sheepskin footbed and also fitted with arch support. These features work together to make the shoe comfortable for kids with flat feet.
There are plenty of colors to choose from including black Ii, Hickory, Chocolate Ii, Pom-Berry, Hickory Ii, chocolate-suede and Hickory-suede.
- Traction outsole.
- 10 ½ inch shaft circumference.
- Zipper closure makes it easy for kids to put on and also remove.
- A highly stitched plush suede upper.
- Durable and branded rubber wedge outsole.
- It contains woven Bearpaw logo tags which contribute to its authenticity.
- Shearling lined interior.
- Siped man made sole designed with tree and claw patterns.
- Its fit is true to size.
- Separate complaints about the sole coming off and also the shoe ruining leggings/tights.
4. Geox William 1 Uniform Velcro Shoe
Geox William is a very stylish leather shoe. The design of the shoe facilitates proper development and overall well-being of your son, and it is for this reason that the shoe remains one of the best-selling back to school shoes. You can also wear Geox William to a semi-casual event like a wedding.
With Geox William, your son is not only stylish, but he also enjoys the comfortability that comes with wearing this shoe. It is also suitable for boys with flat feet because of its high cushioning and a microporous outsole that breathes making the shoe comfortable. Also, the shoe has a removable leather insole thus you can use custom orthotics.
A combination of perforated sole and the breathable, waterproof membrane makes this shoe cool and keeps the feet dry and comfortable the entire day through natural temperature regulation.
- Chrome fress cushioned insole.
- Durable rubber sole.
- The shaft measures approximately low-top from the arch.
- Available in four colors (black, navy and Dark Grey/Black) and various sizes.
- Top leather grain.
- Hook-and-loop monk strap for a perfect fit and also adjustability.
- Tonal stitching.
- Goodyear Welting construction method.
- Separate complaints about the shoe running one size big and being narrow.
5. ASICS Kids' Pre-Contend 4 Ps Running Shoe
Pre-Contend 4 PS is a great shoe designed purposely for that athletic kid you are raising. The shoe provides maximum comfort for your kid. Pre-Contend 4 PS shoe comes in vibrant colors, and so it appeals to kids who are electric and like standing out from a crowd.
A kid who enjoys a bit of adventure and outdoor activities but experiences issues that come with being flat footed will find Pre-Contend 4 PS helpful. The shoe contains a removable sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotics. Further, the shoe has an excellent cushioning, synthetic leather and mesh for breathability, and also the high to average arch support.
- It is Versatile.
- Durable rubber sole.
- Hook and loop fastener that facilitates easy on and off and adjustability of the shoe.
- Elastic laces. This classic triathlon feature helps the user to put on the shoe quickly efficiently.
- Available in various colors (silver/cherry tomato/black, white/pink/energy green, blue-purple/white/Aury blue, and directoire blue/green/safety green). You can also find varying sizes of the shoe.
- Reinforced stitched toe cap. The outsole of the shoe is directly stitched to the upper to make it more durable.
- Some users complain about the stitching coming off.
6. KidZerts Klute - Children's Arch Support Sandal
During the warm seasons of the year, your kid would need some cute and classy sandals. Sandals help to keep the feet cool and dry. KidZert Klute is designed with awesome features to help keep your kid’s little feet healthy, supported, relieved, comfortable and even prevent future foot problems.
For kids with flat feet, this sandal is an excellent choice. The arch support and heel cup improves balance, reduce foot fatigue and also support proper foot alignment. The sandal is highly cushioned and has a great shock absorber. With time, KidZerts sandals will conform to the kid’s natural foot shape due to the wear-moldable technology used to make the footbed.
- Treatment of the footbed with an antibacterial material that helps to fight and prevent more than 650 different types of bacteria hence improving foot health and reduce or keep the shoe orderless.
- Soft polyurethane and a flexible toe post characterize the make of the upper part of the shoe.
- Anatomically shaped footbed.
- Use of EVA in making the footbed of the shoe.
- The upper strap is water resistant, so the sandal is pool friendly.
- The treatment of the insole with the antibacterial material.
- Complaints concerning lack of explanations for sizing.
7. Apakowa Bowtie Toddler Girls Flat Shoe With Arch Support
Your little princess is going to look like the little angel she is, in Apakowa Bowtie Flat shoe. The design of the shoe ensures that your child’s growth will not be impaired. Apakowa Bowtie has an excellent and comfortable design with a beautiful bow and lovely decoration that will attract your little girl.
The design of the shoe suits a kid with flat feet. Thus, Apakowa Bowtie comes with great features like a leather insole with arch support, a breathable insole that ensures the shoe and the kid’s feet remain fresh and odorless. With high cushioning, this shoe provides maximum comfort to your princess’s tiny and growing feet.
This shoe can be worn outdoors in Spring, Summer, and Autumn and indoors during Winter.
- The hook and loop strap makes on and off easy.
- Made with genuine leather insole to ensure durability.
- Shiny PU leather upper and a genius leather lining.
- It is an orthopedic shoe.
- It is sewn manually to provide quality assurance.
- Made with a fixed heel and head.
- A high-quality TPR outsole with good resistance against shock and skidding.
- Available in pink and Navy colors and also various sizes.
Separate complaints about the ordered shoes being too big.