Best Walking Shoes For Flat Feet And Overpronation
Flat feet can be caused by a number of different conditions including, arthritis, injuries, genetics, pregnancy, obesity, and many more. People with flat-feet often experience pain and discomfort while walking or standing for long.
Flat feet can also easily lead to overpronantion where your foot rolls too much inward during landing causing stress to your feet. This ends up making you to feel overly tired or experiencing pain on your feet while walking.
The good news, however, is that there are specially designed shoes that can help correct overpronation and other flat feet associated conditions. The best walking shoe for flat feet and overpronantion should offer ample arch and heel support to keep your foot properly aligned and stabilized while also being comfortable to alleviate any pain or discomfort.
The not so good news is that choosing the best pair of walking shoes from the highly-saturated market can be downright intimidating. But it doesn’t have to be complicated for you as we’ve researched and come up with a comprehensive list of the best 20 walking shoes you can choose from for your flat feet and overpronation.
In this article we’re going to review how our top picks’ perform in terms of comfort, support, protection, and durability to help you easily find the right walking shoe for your flat feet.
Best Walking Shoes For Flat Feet And Overpronation
1. Brooks Dyad 11
The Brooks Dyad 11 is arguably one of the best shoes for flat-footed individuals who also overpronate due to its broad base, stabilizing pods, and to provide a stable and smooth ride.
First off, the Dyad 11 is uniquely designed with a wider platform to ensure a generous fit and enough space to fit custom orthotics. It has a simple lacing system that makes it easier for you to put on and remove the shoe and also make fastening quicker for a personalized fit.
The shoe’s upper is made of a breathable mesh with moisture-wicking properties, ensuring your feet remain cool and dry all day. On the inside, the shoe features a soft, breathable fabric lining, which helps to protect your feet from irritation and rubbing while ensuring a cozy, in-shoe feel. The padded heel collar and tongue helps to provide extra protection and comfort.
The shoe’s midsole features premium BioMoGo material for lasting comfort and incorporates a heel segmented crash pad for a smooth heel to toe transition. At the midfoot, there are two arch pods, offering extra stability and support which is important for overpronators. The shoe has a rubber outsole that provides adequate cushioning, ensuring your feet are well-protected from impact and abrasive element. The outsole also comes equipped with flex grooves for enhanced traction and flexibility, allowing you to move naturally.
- Wide at the forefoot
- Soft cushion
- Breathable upper helps keep feet dry and cool
- Provides superior comfort even when worn for prolonged periods
- Omni-flex grooves on the outsole provides excellent traction
- The shoe is orthotic friendly
- It provides a comfortable fit
- Highly durable materials
- Can feel bulky
2. ASICS GT-2000 7
The Asics GT-2000 7 is a fantastic walking shoe that comes loaded with features for overpronators and flat-footed people looking for breathability and lasting comfort.
This walking shoe features an upper made of multi-layered, ultra soft materials so your feet can enjoy the most comfortable in-shoe feel. The upper also has a mesh parts to ensure maximum ventilation to keep your feet cool and without sweat buildup.
The midsole features a FlyteFoam Lyte cushioning and an Ortholite sockliner for maximum foot support, comfort and protection from impact during landing. The gum rubber outsole offers added support, cushioning and excellent traction on wet surfaces.
- Gel cushioning provides lasting comfort
- Breathable fabric keeps feet dry and cool
- Provides great arch support and stability
- Durable outsole
- Available in different colors to choose from
- Fits true-to-size
- The upper’s durability could be enhanced
3. Vionic Women's Delmar Remi Walking Shoes
Another outstanding shoe that will help combat overpronation and restire your foot’s natural function is the Vionic Remi. The award-wining walking shoe is stylishly designed for wearing on any occasion or event while also providing ample support to alleviate any pain and discomfort associated with flat feet.
From its endless list of amazing features, one that stands out is the contoured footbed that nicely conforms to the shape of your feet, providing exceptional arch support to prevent your foot from rolling inwards while walking. The orthotic grade arch support helps to ensure your foot is properly aligned, relieving pain that comes with being flat-footed.
The shoe also features a roomy toe-box, which allows your toes to move freely and premium upper materials that comprise leather and fabric, available in solid color and animal print. The shoe’s upper also features a side-zipper and lace-up closure, which makes getting into the shoe hassle-free for you. There is also a nicely padded collar and tongue at the heel tab and a breathable fabric lining for added support and superb in-shoe feel.
Another highlight feature of this walking shoe is that it incorporates Vio-Motion technology to provide lasting comfort.
- Great shoe for wearing anywhere and anytime
- Fabric and leather upper with a cushioned tongue and collar.
- Breathable fabric linings keeps feet fresh and cozy
- Zipper and lace-up closure makes getting on and off easy
- Roomy toe-box allows toes to spread out
- Has a removable EVA footbed helps relieve pain
- Rubber outsole helps prevent slipping or sliding on slippery floors
- Zipper hardly stays up when zipped
4. New Balance 411V2
If you’re looking for an excellent pair of walking shoes that will hold up perfectly to your active lifestyle while also providing superior comfort and support for your flat feet, then you may want to check out the New Balance 411 V2.
Made of a synthetic and mesh upper with a padded tongue and collar, this shoe ensures your feet remain well-protected while also odor-free, dry, and comfortable throughout the day. The shoe features a wide fore foot, making it a great option if you have wide feet or flat feet.
Featuring a cushioned footbed and an EVA midsole, this shoe helps relive any foot pain and tiredness you may be experiencing. The lace-up closure makes fastening the shoe effortless while providing a comfortable fit.
- Provides unmatched shock absorption
- Rubber outsole provides unparalleled traction
- A narrow heel width, high instep
- Breathable upper fabric
- Lightweight design
- Designed to relieve foot pain and tiredness
- EVA midsole provides lasting comfort
- Offers superb in-shoe feel
- Runs slightly small, choose a half size up
5. ASICS Gel-Quantum 180 4 Women's Running Shoe
With over a thousand positive reviews on Amazon, the ASICS Gel-Quantum 180 4 is praised for being incredibly comfortable, well-cushioned, supportive, and for its excellent fit. Besides that, this shoe is also loved by many for its stylish design and comes in ten different colors to choose from.
One of the shoe’s highlight features is Asics’ Solyte proprietary midsole that’s spontaneously soft and shock-absorbent without adding unnecessary weight. This not only gives you a bouncy feel while walking but also protects your underfoot during landing.
It also boasts units of Gel cushioning at both ends for enhanced shock-absorption and to give you comfortable ride. The Ortholite® insole with moisture wicking properties provides exceptional support on your underfoot while also eliminating odor and bacteria buildup.
The shoe features a nicely knitted mesh upper in a seamless construction, which helps reduce friction and skin irritation. The upper also boasts a simple lace-up closure and a cushioned collar and tongue for a comfortable fit.
- Comes equipped with Gel cushioning at the forefoot and rearfoot
- The midsole provides super-comfortable featherweight cushioning
- The insole delivers incredible underfoot support
- Lightweight and breathable upper
- Seamless construction prevents skin irritation
- Lace-up closure makes fastening easy
- Padded tongue and collar provides added comfort
- AHAR outsole promotes a smooth heel to toe transition and excellent traction
- Can be expensive for some
6. Propét Stability Walker Sneaker
If you want a shoe that will keep your flat feet exceptionally comfortable while also preventing them from rolling inwards during extended periods of standing or walking, it’s hard to beat the Propet Stability Walker.
This walking shoe features an upper made up of a combination of nubuck, leather, and suede materials for robust support while also allowing your feet to move comfortably. The upper also allows proper circulation of air inside the shoe while the overlays make it resistant to abrasion. The lacing system and plush collar and tongue ensures you get a secure locked-down fit.
On the interior, this shoe is designed with a smooth Nylex fabric lining, which helps reduce friction and prevent chafing on contact points. The Propet Stability Walker boasts an EVA foam midsole that feels remarkably soft while also able to retain its shape even after hours of wearing the shoe. The midsole offers ample support and has a raised arch, cushioning ridges and gel heel pad, which helps to prevent overpronating while walking.
Apart from the EVA midsole, the shoe also has a removable PU insole for enhanced shock-absorption, support, and comfort levels.
- Great for flat-footed individuals and diabetics
- Made of durable full-grain leather
- Designed to alleviate foot pain and discomfort
- Highly affordable
- Provides excellent support and stability
- Removable inner sole
- Slip-resistant outer sole provides added stability
- Limited color options to choose from
7. ASICS Gel-Quantum 180 4 Women's Running Shoe
Uniquely designed using Advanced Motion System technology, the Vionic Men Orthaheel Classic Walker offers the much-needed support and comfort for people dealing with foot pain and other conditions caused by flat feet.
Alongside the Active Motion System, this shoe also comes with a biomechanical removable insole, which helps to ensure amazing arch and heel support. This also helps promote proper foot alignment, allowing you to walk naturally and more comfortably. The molded EVA midsole works well in absorbing shock, helping reduce pressure on your ankles, knees, and back during impact.
The shoe has a sturdy and deep thermoplastic heel counter that cradles your heel nicely to provide maximum stability and support while walking. The wide toe box allows your toes to splay and stay relaxed throughout.
- The anti-bacterial orthotics is removable
- Super comfy and secure
- Provides excellent support and motion control for flat feet
- Awarded APMA Seal of Acceptance
- Available in four different color options
- Helps combat serious overpronation issues
- Breathable and moisture-wicking design
- Outstanding midsole support system
- The shoe isn’t true to size
8. Ryka Women’s Devotion Plus 2 Walking Shoe
Specially designed for the unique shape of women’s feet, the Ryka Devotion Plus 2 provides unmatched support, cushioning and a snug fit for prolonged periods of walking or standing on your feet.
This walking shoe features an upper made of a stretchy and breathable mesh with supportive overlays, which ensures your feet remain stable and well-supported while also staying cool and fresh during long treks. The collar and tongue have a Lycra lining on the inside, providing a comfortable cushioning and protecting your feet from painful rubbing and friction burns.
The anatomical footbed and cushioned insole provides ample support for your flat feet while also evenly distributing energy with every step. The EVA midsole is made using Ryka’s RE-ZORB engineered foam, which ensures you enjoy maximum cushioning and comfort throughout the shoe’s length.When it comes to traction while walking, this shoe outsole is made of REZORB with rubber pads to offer extra cushioning and the best grip on any condition
- Breathable uppers keeps feet dry and cozy
- Lightweight design makes it ideal for log treks
- Nicely padded to keep feet properly protected and comfy
- Anatomical footbed promotes proper foot alignment and stability
- Provides remarkable support for flat fee
- Durability could be improved
9. New Balance Women’s W928v3 Walking Shoe
Another excellent walking shoe from New Balance for flat-feet and overpronation, the 928v3 stands out for its supportive fit, superior quality as well as its incredibly stylish design.
This walking shoes features a 100 percent leather upper that not only makes it look amazingly attractive but also comfortable and flexible enough, so you can move with ease. On the inside, this shoe has a seamless Phantom Liner for extra support and cozy in-shoe feel.
It also has a removable PU insole for support and comfort and an ABZORB midsole that provides superior cushioning while protecting your feet when walking on hard surfaces. It’s also equipped with ROLLBAR at the heel to help with motion control and ensure enhanced stability at the back of your feet while walking.
The thick rubber outsole provides superior shock-absorption while ensuring you don’t fall even when walking or standing on slippery surfaces.
- Provides great cushioning and comfort all day
- It has a seamless supportive liner
- Rollbar insole provides added stability
- The sole is uniquely designed to stabilize and guide the foot
- Heel offers extra motion control
- Well-made using high quality materials
- Removable insole, so you can fit your own orthotics
- Available in a vast range of widths
- The toe box may feel slightly narrow for some
- Limited color options to choose from
10. Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 19
The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19 is a great walking shoe that offers an amazingly comfortable in-shoe feel right out of the box while also helping combat overpronation for people with flat feet.
This shoe stands out from the rest due to its BioMogo foam midsole that features Guide Rails on the sides and a DNA Loft heel, which provides the necessary support and stability for correcting overpronation.
The shoe’s upper is made of engineered mesh that provides a nice breathable and comfortable experience during those extended periods of walking. The tongue is well-padded to prevent skin irritation so you can remain as comfortable as possible.
The rubber outsole provides excellent heel to toe transition while also keeping your feet well-protected with every stride.
- Flexible outsole offers excellent grip
- Lace-up closure allows easy adjusting for a snug fit
- Includes plenty of cushioning in key points
- Responsive guide rails prevents injuries
- Extreme shock absorption
- Low heel allows for stress-free movement above the ankles
- Removable insole
- Looks heavy and bulky
11. Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker
Another great walking shoe from Brooks, the Men’s Addiction Walker is specially made to help relieve foot pain and aches caused by flat feet, overpronation, plantar fasciitis, diabetics, and other foot conditions.
This shoe does a perfect job of supporting low arches while the breathable mesh provides a plush in-shoe feel and keeping your feet dry and cool. The mesh lining feel soft and prevents your skin from friction and rubbing.
The shoe’s insole is designed using a combination of lightweight materials, offering maximum support and comfort for your feet while walking. It also has a synthetic insole and has a Rollbar design to keep your feet comfortable and well-protected from impact while also protecting you from falling and sliding while walking.
- Protective leather exterior
- Designed easy to put on and get off
- Features a breathable and comfortable mesh interior
- It has a rollbar design for added comfort and support
- Comfortable right out of the box
- Made using high-quality weather-resistant materials
- Great insole for flat feet
- The toe box can feel slightly narrow for people with wide feet
12. ASICS Gel-Venture 6 (Women’s)
Featuring a minimalistic design, the ASICS Gel-Venture 6 does a superb job of correcting overpronation and supination caused by flat feet.
This walking shoe mostly stands out for its Rearfoot GEL cushioning system that provides exceptional shock-absorption, which helps reduce impact during landing and a smooth heel to toe transition. The gel CMEVA cushioning midsole provides a soft, bouncy feel while also being incredibly flexible and durable. This helps you make more natural strides.
This shoe’s outsole is made of ASICS’ AHAR rubber outsole that’s incredibly durable and provides excellent traction on different surfaces.
- GEL cushioning system keeps feet properly supported and comfortable
- AHAR outsole provides exceptional traction
- CMEVA midsole helps combat overpronation and foot pain
- Highly affordable
- Designed stylish for wearing on any occasion
- Can feel a bit narrow at the midfoot for people with wide feet
- Runs small, so choose a half size up
13. Spira Classic Women’s Leather Shoe
This walking shoe is highly praised for providing extreme comfort and support for women with flat feet. It’s also designed to comfortably fit a wide range of foot widths, so you can rest assured it will accommodate your wide feet.
The shoe features a perforated upper for enhanced breathability and incorporates Wavespring technology on its forefoot and heel to ensure you get a steady and comfortable ride. This amazing technology also helps to provide adequate cushioning in key areas for added comfort and foot pain alleviation.
Featuring a slip-resistant outsole, you don’t have to worry about tripping while walking on slippery floors as the sole provides excellent traction.
- High-quality construction using full-grain leather construction
- Helps combat flat-foot issues
- Available in a range of width sizes for wide feet
- Distributes energy evenly with each step
- Comes at a high price tag
- Limited color options
14. Easy Spirit Women’s Romy Walking Shoe
The Easy Spirit Romy is highly rated due to its attractive appearance, outstanding arch support, incredible durability, and inexpensive price. These walking shoes are also amazingly lightweight, making them suitable for wearing during long distance walks.
With a removal sockliner insole, you get the option to insert your own orthotics for a personalized in-shoe feel and excellent shock-absorption and cushioning. The shoe is also available in a vast range of colors, so you get to easily choose one that you like.
- It’s designed spacious enough to wear with thicker socks
- Well-made using high-quality materials for enhanced durability
- The deep and roomy toe box allows your toes to splay and relax
- Offers great arch and heel support
- It has a removable insole
- Limited sizes to choose from
15. Saucony Women's Guide 10
The Saucony Women’s Guide 10 is one of the most comfortable walking shoe out there as it comes with a plush cushioning system and other useful features to help combat overpronation and various foot pains and discomfort brought by flat feet.
This stability shoe features an engineered mesh upper with FlexFilm overlays to provide optimal breathability, an adaptive fit, and excellent support without adding unnecessary weight. The collar and tongue are well-cushioned to give you a plush in-shoe feel during long-distance walks. The inner lining is made using RunDry technology, so your feet can stay cool and dry throughout the day.
The shoe has a supportive mid-foot, which helps to reduce your chances of overpronating while the cushioning system delivers reliable responsiveness.
- Fits true to size
- Great supportive shoe for correcting overpronation
- Comfortable right out-of-the-box
- Hugs the foot comfortably and securely
- Adjustable incline options
- Tri-Flex outsole offers great flexibility and traction
- Mesh upper promotes better breathability
- The toe box can feel narrow for wide feet
16. Saucony Grid Omni Walker for Flat Feet
If you experience mild overpronation and are looking for a budget-friendly pair of walking shoe that offers superior arch support and adequate shock absorption for your flat feet, then you may want to check out these Saucony Grid Omni Walker shoes.
This stability walking shoe comes loaded with lots of useful features to help alleviate pain and other issues associated with flat feet. Some of the highlight features include durable full-grain leather uppers with overlays for improved support in key spots. It also has a padded collar and tongue that helps lock down your foot in place while walking without applying too much pressure.
The shoe has a compression-molded EVA midsole that helps reduce chances of overpronating while walking and a comfortable arch support for your flat feet. The shoe’s heel includes SRC crash pads for extra support and cushioning with every step you make.
- Designed for overpronation and flat-feet
- Comfortable and great cushioning
- Fits true to size
- Outsole offers great grip on wet surfaces
- Helps alleviate overpronation and foot pain
- Available in three different colors to choose from
- Not the most stylish shoe out there
17. NIKE Women’s Lunarglide 8
Beyond its appealing aesthetics, the NIKE Lunarglide 8’s employs a combination of lightweight yet durable fabrics and synthetic construction to create an outstanding shoe that’s not only easy to slip on but also remarkably durable.
The Lunarglide 8 is designed lightweight enough so it doesn’t weigh you down during those long trks while also providing superior comfort and sufficient protection to maintain your feet feeling cozy and safe.
The shoe has a BioMoGo DNA midsole that gives you a responsive and bouncy feel with every stride while providing an ultra-soft cushioning and smooth heel-to-toe transitioning. The midsole also incorporates a unique PDRB arch support system that ensures a more natural movement and keeps your foot steady while walking.
- It has a wide forefoot
- Sleek and stylish design
- Provides a bouncy and responsive ride
- Offers a perfect balance of support and comfort
- Lightweight design
- The shoe can be a bit narrow for wide feet
18. Brooks Men’s Beast ‘18
If you have flat feet and want a shoe with the best motion control, then the Brooks Men’s Beast ’18 may be just what you need. This shoe is supper supportive and has a 12mm heel-to-toe drop to keep your feet stable and properly aligned. The shoe’s toe-box adjusts nicely to fit the width of your feet even with wider feet.
- Great walking shoe for motion control
- Fits true to size
- Comfy and breathable mesh upper
- Flex Grooves outsole offer extra support, flexibility and traction
- Adjustable toe box
- High-quality arch straps
- Feels a bit heavier than other models
19. Asics Men’s GEL-Tech Walker
The Men’s GEL-Tech Walker is uniquely designed for unmatched comfort, support and pain alleviation brought by flat feet, overpronation and plantar fasciitis.
This pair of walking shoes boasts a breathable upper, which makes them comfortable and cool to wear during the hottest days. The shoe also features a medial window that helps reduce pressure on your feet and bunions.
It has a gel cushioning system, which provides excellent shock absorption and enhanced comfort. The removable sockliner has a mesh fabric lining with moisture-wicking properties so your feet can remain dry all day.
- Designed to provide unmatched arch support
- Helps alleviate pain caused by flat feet and plantar fasciitis
- Lightweight design
- It has a removable insole
- Delivers superior comfort for longer walking sessions
- The toe-box is slightly narrow
20. Mizuno Wave Inspire 15 Shoes
The Mizuno Waves Inspire 15 is a great walking shoe for flat-footed individuals looking for a comfortable and supportive shoe for exercising.
The shoe features a mesh upper that helps promote proper ventilation while also ensuring you achieve adequate support and snug fit. The shoe’s U4ic Midsole ensure your foot is safe and protected against impact while also providing the much-needed support for motion control and stability.
- Lightweight and durable
- Provides a comfy, stable ride
- Sockliner for added comfort
- Smooth cloudwave cushioning
- Breathable mesh upper keeps feet dry and cool
- It has a roomy toe box
- Tends to run small, so order a half size up
Wearing the right walking shoe for your flat-feet is critical to alleviating any pain, aches or overpronation you might be experiencing. As you’ve seen there is an extensive array of great walking shoes that you can choose from.
All the shoes on our list are uniquely designed to cater for flat-footed individuals and help alleviate the various conditions that come with having flat-feet. No matter the type of brand you choose from our list be sure to choose the right size for a comfortable fit.