Best Skechers Memory Foam Shoe Reviews for Men and Women
Over the years human beings, through constant inventions, have endeavoured to make their lives easier and more enjoyable. In the 1960s, NASA partnered with a contractor to improve the feel of space shuttle cushions, and to help in crash protection, they came up with Memory foam.
Memory foam was initially used to make foam mattresses, but over time its uses have evolved to other products. The achievement of both comfort and softness with the mattress, led to ambitious shoe companies, figuring out how the memory foam technology benefits would be harnessed for use in shoe innersoles. This endeavour led to the birth of Skechers memory foam shoes.
Skechers is a popular brand best known for its diverse range of high-quality, comfortable and stylish footwear products. Since its inception, the brand has earned an enviable reputation in producing some of the comfiest shoes out there, including its celebrated line of memory foam shoes.
How Do Memory Foam Shoes Work
Memory foam is made of polyurethane together with other chemicals to add to its density. Memory foam is made in such a way that it is sensitive to temperatures and weight force. The sensitivity to temperature helps the foam to mold into the foot’s contours. The memory foam then evenly distributes the weight balance, allowing a more comfortable experience while walking in memory foam shoes.
Types Of Memory Foam Shoes
The first type is the true, blue, no-frills, original memory foam design. It is imperative to say that this is the most common type of memory foam that is used in bed mattresses. This design uses visco-elastic materials that contour in exactness with the shape of your feet.
The shape of your feet then informs weight distribution on the memory foam innersole and consequently changes the density in areas where more weight force is applied. The memory foam returns to its original shape after you take your shoes off. This feature of returning to original shape is essential in maintaining seamless comfort no matter how many times you wear the shoes.
The second type is the Skechers air-cooled memory foam. And thirdly the Gel-infused memory foam, which is uniquely made by adding gel microbeads to memory foam creating more permeability which helps to regulate the in-shoe climate for better sweat management. The gel-infused memory foam provides better firm support and comfortably soft cradling the arches of your feet and improving overall responsiveness for a better less strenuous gait cycle.
Skechers Memory Foam Shoe Reviews
1. Skechers Afterburn Memory Foam Lace-up Sneaker
The Skechers Sports Men's Afterburn is hands down, one of the best skechers lifestyle memory foam shoe that also serves as a fitness shoe, adapting effortlessly to the modern fast-paced lifestyle. Many wearers claim it’s a fantastic all-round shoe, which you can use when going to the gym, working shifts, and casual day outs.
One of the notable features of this memory foam shoe is its sporty looks with its mesh uppers and supportive smooth leather overlays with high-quality athletic pattern stitching accents. This makes it a versatile shoe for everyday use and easy to wear with any of your sporty or casual outfit. The mesh upper allows proper air circulation, keeping your feet cool and comfortable all day.
Besides that, this shoe features a plush memory foam insole that acclimates to the shape of your foot, ensuring maximum support and comfort at all times while also protecting your foot from impact. The cushioned collar and padded mesh tongue wraps around your ankles to prevent injuries and ensure proper foot positioning.
In addition, the shoe stands out for its flexible Articu-Lyte midsole that provide a supportive and shock-absorbing experience with every stride. This makes it a comfortable shoe to wear during long walks or when spending many hours on your feet.
What’s more, the Skechers Sports Men's Afterburn boasts a rubber outsole that gives you high-flexibility, adequate support, and proper grip while walking.
- High-quality, solid construction made of synthetic and smooth leather material
- Versatile design for any occasion
- Breathable mesh upper, keeps feet cool and sweat-free throughout
- Features a padded collar and mesh tongue for enhanced foot protection and positioning
- Supportive overlays provides maximum support and comfort
- Rubber sole ensures a high level of traction
- Insole and midsole designed to give utmost comfort and underfoot cushioning
- The quality of the outsole could be improved
2. Skechers Performance Go Walk 4 – Incredible: Best for extended periods of walking
Coming second on our Skechers memory foam review is the Performance Go Walk 4- Incredible, which is arguably one of the comfiest and lightweight shoes for anyone who wants a comfortable and convenient slip-on walking shoe.
One of the things that make this shoe super-comfortable is the 5GEN midsole cushioning, which offers a consistent amount of rebound and protect your underfoot from impact as it hits the ground. The midsole’s tapered midfoot design offers excellent support for your arches.
Besides that, this Skechers shoe boasts a Goga Max insole, which adapts to the contours of your foot, amplifying the midsole’s cushioning and support. On the inside, the Performance Go Walk 4 features a unique bamboo lining with anti-bacterial properties, which helps prevent odor buildup to keep your feet fresh all day.
Another thing that sets this shoe apart from other models is the engineered mesh upper with synthetic overlays. The open-mesh upper design ensures better breathability while the seamless construction wraps your feet nicely for maximum comfort and support. The upper also comfortably accommodates your foot’s natural expansion while you’re walking. You may also like that this shoe’s outsole employs Goga pillars for an adaptive cushioning.
- Incredibly comfortable during prolonged periods of walking
- The shoe is true to size and width
- Simple yet great-looking style
- Lightweight design makes it a great shoe for long-distance walking
- Delivers outstanding arch support
- Breathable and flexible upper design
- Available in 12 different colors to choose from
- Reliable cushioning for all-day comfort and support
- Super easy to put on and off
- The outsole quickly wears out
3. Skechers Sports Vigor 2.0 Men's Trait Memory Foam Sneaker
Another outstanding Skechers’ shoe worth checking out is the Sport’s Vigor 2.0, which comes loaded with all the features you should expect to find in a top-quality and functional memory foam shoe.
First off, this shoe is made of leather, suede, and mesh upper, making it one of the most durable and stylish on our top skechers memory foam shoes review. The shoe’s upper also flaunts stitching accents and side strip overlays for enhanced aesthetics.
The Vigor 2.0 Men's Trait boasts a full-length EVA foam midsole, which conforms to the shape of your feet to provide maximum comfort and cushioning while you’re busy at the gym training. It’s also designed flexible enough to allow your feet to move freely and easily.
Besides the EVA midsole, this shoe comes with a memory foam insole, which provides added cushioning and comfort. The shoe also has a nicely cushioned collar and tongue to ensure you get extra support and comfort at the ankles.
provide more comfort and support for the ankle. The interiors are lined with a soft fabric mesh which contributes to the comfort and ventilation.
- High-quality and durable leather upper
- Boasts a padded collar and tongue
- Stylish design great for any occasion
- adjustable lace-up closure provides a snug fit and easy wearing
- Has a comfortable and breathable mesh lining
- Lightweight and flexible midsole protects underfoot from shock and impact
- Takes a bit long to break in
4. Skechers Performance Go Air Walking Shoe: Best for Standing All Day
If you spend much of the day on your feet, you need a pair of shoe that provides sustained support and comfort throughout the day such as the Skechers Performance Go Air Walking.
This shoe feature a breathable mesh upper with an amazingly soft inner fabric lining to ensure your feet enjoy a plush in shoe feel while providing exceptional breathability. This ensures your feet remain as comfortable as possible as well as cool and sweat-free even during the hottest days.
The shoe’s upper also comes equipped with a lace-up closure, which gives you a customized fit. The padded collar and tongue grip against your ankles to provide maximum support and enhanced comfort. The shoe boasts Skechers’ new Gel-infused Goga Plus insole, which conforms to the contours of your feet to offer exceptional arch support and responsive cushioning.
This not only gives you firm footing but also helps keep your feet properly aligned and positioned as well as prevent injuries.
- Provides exceptional support and comfort all day
- Designed to offer firm footing and keep feet properly positioned
- Prevents foot aches and pains
- Lightweight and breathable uppers keep feet cool and comfy
- Ultra-soft inner lining provides
- Lightweight and flexible design
- Lace-up closure offers an adjustable fit
- Rubber outsole ensures excellent traction
- The shoe runs small, consider choosing a half size up
5. Skechers Work Sure Track – Trickel: Best Work Shoe for Women
Undeniably the best work shoe for women on our Skechers memory foam shoes review, the Sure Track Trickle features a unique silhouette design that delivers a relaxed fit to ensure you enjoy exceptional comfort throughout the day.
This work shoe features simple aesthetics that you can wear with virtually any outfit including pants and jeans, which makes them ideal for going to work or casual outings. The shoe flaunts a smooth solid leather upper with stitching accents and a lace-up closure. This makes it an amazingly durable casual work shoe that gives you an adjustable and customized fit.
These work shoes also boast mini-perforated panels on the sides that promote enhanced breathability and ventilated fabric lining for maximum comfort throughout the day. The padded collar and tongue deliver excellent support, making it easy for you to stay on your feet the entire day.
Another feature that makes this model a reliable shoe for work is the flexible and shock absorbent FlexSole midsole that provides reliable protection and allow for quick movement without adding unnecessary weight. Apart from that, this shoe comes with a removable memory foam insole that ensures extra cushioning and superior comfort.
- Low-cut design with a generous silhouette for a custom fit
- Slip-resistant rubber outsole delivers maximum traction for enhanced stability
- Lace-up closure gives an adjustable fit
- The supple leather upper, makes the shoe easy on feet and effortless to clean
- Cushioned tongue and collar provide extra foot protection and support
- Removable memory foam insole provide all-day comfort
- The shoe has a lightweight and flexible shock-absorbing midsole
- Has a heel pull tab that makes wearing and getting off the shoe easy
- The heel part could be made wider
6. Skechers Sport Men’s Flex Advantage 2.0: Best for Wide Feet
If you’re looking for a Skechers lightweight memory foam shoe that provides sufficient cushioning, superior comfort and available in a range of width options, you can’t go wrong with the Flex Advantage 2.0.
One of the notable features of this trainer shoe is its simple and classic aesthetics, which makes it suitable for casual outings, walks, travels, or even gym sessions. The shoe features an upper made of mesh panels with trubuck leather overlays, which provides maximum breathability while ensuring you get a supportive fit.
The trainer also features a Dual-Lite foam midsole that helps keep your foot steady as well as ensuring excellent shock absorption. On top of that, this shoe comes with an Air-cooled memory foam insole for enhanced stability and protection. There is also a padded collar and tongue that gives you superior comfort and support while the lace-up closure allows you to get a customized fit.
When it comes to the outsole, this shoe uses Skechers’ FlexSole compound to ensure your feet enjoys excellent protection from shock and impact during landing. The outsole is also designed with geometrical grooves to provide multidirectional flexibility.
- Outsole delivers excellent traction
- Breathable and supportive upper
- Memory foam insole provides optimal stability
- Lace-up closure offers a customized fit for wide feet
- It features a shock-absorbing midsole
- Soft fabric lining provides a cozy in shoe feel
- Available in many width sizes
- The shoe’s durability could be improved
There you have it. Skechers memory foam shoes are available in three different memory foam variations and numerous designs to ensure there is a plethora of options for every kind of user. Skechers memory foam shoes reviews are gaining tremendous popularity mainly due to their ability to deliver the perfect balance between comfort and functionality.
While it can be pretty overwhelming to find the best Skechers memory foam shoe from the flooded market, you should be able to easily find one that best suits your specific needs from our review.
When choosing, be sure to pick one that’s well-fitting and that meets your unique needs and budget the best way possible.