Best Square Toe Cowboy Boots
Choosing the best shoe is a challenge many face, and sometimes choices made lead to disappointments. Many people think about a specific category of shoes, and miss to look at the very important specific feature of their designs. Cowboy boots wearers also find themselves in this quagmire, as there are dozens of designs available on the market to choose from.
One secret that cowboys have learned is the importance of the square toe design. The square toe was first popularized by Tom Ford at Gucci, and they have stuck around and have touched virtually every type of shoe type, from sandals to boots. The square toe is an exception, these boots are uniquely designed to give you the feeling and confidence of a real cowboy.
Both functionality and fashion are key features on a square toe cowboy boot. They are especially comfortable on long, hard days, or a style that showcases your rugged side:
Why a Square Toe?
The Square toe makes a great choice for tough jobs and long hours due to added comfort from a wider toe box. The chiseled look also attracts numerous buyers.
The square toe comes in three types; D Toe, a pointy shape great for events like country music concerts or dancing, Square Toe that is perfect for hard work, and Wide Square Toe that is great for men with wide feet or who prefer more wiggle room.
When buying square toe cowboy boots, it is important to consider the following; Width, construction, comfort, protective ability, and durability of the boot. In a nutshell, square toe cowboy boots are made to take care of one’s feet, while you stride through the ranch or workplace.
The Best Square Toe Cowboy Boots
1. Durango Men’s Rebel DB4442 Western Cowboy Boot
This a classic type of boot that adopted a modern approach. Although it does not have a conventional following on the market, this is an underdog of its kind. This leather boot has a great look, and it gives a great feel.
This boot is the perfect fit for people with high arches and wide feet. It is easy to put on and provides a feeling of top-notch sports shoe. It has a double-row welted stitch which ensures the boot does not fall apart with heavy use in addition to a lightweight and flexible molded EVA midsole for excellent comfort.
The boot has a slip-resistant and abrasion-free rubber outsole along with a durable steel shank for comfortable all day ranch work.
It comes with a 1-year limited warranty against manufacturing defects, defective materials, and workmanship.
- It has a roomier toe box with a square toe
- The tempered steel shank provides extra protection against heavy objects
- Has a full-grain leather upper for a durable and high-quality stitch
- Has light and flexible molded midsole
- Lacks in a variety of color schemes.
2. ARIAT Men’s Rambler Wide Square Toe Western Cowboy Boot
This is an authentic cowboy boot crafted to meet your unique requirements beyond your expectations. Its upper is 100% leather for a magnificent look and longevity. Specifically, it is made from large pieces of quality leather hence fewer seams and better protection for your feet.
The square toe provides an excellent toe box room, and the vamp is constructed with durable yet lightweight leather. It has a Duratread sole for all surfaces grip.
For sweat-free feel inside the boot, the moisture-wicking foot-bed works the magic, making it perfect against summer sweat. It has a supportive gel insole and a fully welted sole. This makes the boot more durable, waterproof, and lasting. Further, it irresistible during winter.
Though traditional, the boot is lightweight.
- The boot’s outsole has great traction
- The insulated, comfortable, and sweat-repelling foot-bed
- 100% leather upper that gives the boots a shine that never fades
- Easy to slide foot in and out because of its wide shank
- Expensive as compared to other options on the market
- Not ideal for people with wide feet
3. Ariat Men’s Rambler Square Toe Cowboy Work Boots
This boot is made in a very rugged and manly way, not only in performance but in appearance as well. The boot holds very well even in the harshest work conditions. It has a leather upper that is thick and rugged and doesn’t degrade easily. The upper is made slightly distressed to give it a manly look.
The 10.5” high shaft reaches up to the mid-calf. There is no embroidery work done on the shaft of the boots but it is carefully sanded and given a natural texture of the earth. This visual appearance is enhanced by protruded seams that are stitched together with a sturdy thread.
The boot opening measures 16” around that snugly holds on to your calf to provide a reliable fit and remove any heel slippage while walking. Moreover, there are two large pull straps on either side of the collar that makes putting the boot quick and easy.
Being a square toe shape boot, it accommodates most feet amazingly well. Moreover, its break-in period is short.
The outsole is made of Duratread rubber, a very reliable rubber that is water, oil, chemical, and slip-resistant, making the boot an all surface weather fit. Its design has an added composite shank for stability and has a rectangular piece of composite material that splits in two at the end. This forked design helps the shank to provide wider underfoot support and fight fatigue even on long working days.
In short, the boot is designed for farmers, ranchers, and anyone working outdoors. Please take note that the upper is water-resistant and not waterproof, hence should not be submerged into water.
- Good for different work conditions
- Scuffs look good on them
- Extremely durable
- Very comfortable
- Short shaft
- Plain shaft
- Not waterproof
4. Ariat Men’s Rambler Phoenix Square Toe Cowboy Work Boots
This is a square toe profile boot designed to suit those who have wide feet. It has a fairly short shaft height which makes it easier to put the boots on and off for people with wide feet.
The leather upper is made distressed to make it look rugged. The vamp and the shaft is almost fully covered with designer embroidery that makes the boots attractive. It has a sharp dip in the collars and protruded seams that enhance its visual appearance.
This boot has a soft leather lining that makes it soft enough that you won’t feel any irritation wearing them. The sole of the boots is made with Ariat’s Advanced Torque Stability technology that prevents the heel from rolling on hard surfaces and prevents a sudden bending of the feet, thus preventing the feet from getting sprained. Additionally, the boot is fully handcrafted with keen attention to detail, and this increases its durability.
For easier putting on, the boots have two pull straps on the collar that are big enough for you to insert any finger when pulling up.
- Comfortable and stylish
- Accommodate wide feet very well
- Pull straps
- Takes some time to break into the boots and loosen up the calves.
5. Smoky Mountain Men’s Boonville Cowboy Boot Square Toe
The Smoky Mountain Men’s Boonville Cowboy Boot Square Toe comes in traditional style and are strong, durable, and are fairly priced.
This boot is a great choice that is durable and affordable for the countryside chores or casual visit. It comes with a steel shank that allows for all time use and guarantees longevity hence providing a puncture-proof shield against the sharp objects on the terrains.
This boot is the perfect choice for any cowboy desires a free and relaxing fit, roomier toe box with a great look. It is made of worn-out leather that gives a great look for wearing on all types of occasions.
- Comes with a traditional look and square toe box for a comfortable fit
- Durable and good-looking leather upper
- Great boots, ideal for manual workers and ranchers
- The boots are a little too loose at the ankle area
6. Ferrini Men’s Print Crocodile Square Toe Western Cowboy Boot
Ferrini Men’s Print Crocodile S-Toe Western Boot has a way of standing out in a crowd filled with pointy cowboy boots. It comes with a square toe western style that is attractive and has a great feel to it!
To make it easy to put on, the boot comes with dual pull-up loops. It is made with durable and reliable material that withstands wear and tear. The upper has been crafted out of 100% leather material for a great look and feeling.
- A unique and intricate design that is fairly priced
- Made out of 100% leather
- Dual pull-up loops for easy on and off
- Heel damage has been reported by some customers, but it is not an everyday occurrence
7. Laredo Women’s Spellbound Western Boot
This is a classic square toe design boot that has blended modernness and womanhood, making it a perfect wear for a casual day out and even date nights for women who cherish cowboy-life.
It is a budget-friendly square toe cowboy boot made from 100% leather. It has snakeskin underlay that guarantees longevity.
The boot provides style and strength. It has been stitched with a synthetic sole that does the job, although it is not as strong as its steel counterparts. This boot is comfortable to wear for a person running several errands.
- Due to the larger calve area, the shoe fits perfectly without feeling tight
- Great all use cowboy boots for women, has a gorgeous design that looks great, no matter the occasion
- A versatile look, along with a durable and strong material
- It has a versatile look that makes it easy to match them with any outfit.
- Sizes tend to run bigger, consider size when buying
- Arch needs time to stretch out and cover your feet properly
- Synthetic sole
8. Soto Boots Men’s Broad Square Toe Boots H50019
The Soto Boots Men’s Broad Square Toe Boots H50019 has been created with black leather material along with a few white embroidered patterns that make it very attractive.
These western-style boots have a cushioned insole for comfort. It comes with a pull-up loop, along with sole ridges that help you navigate roads without slipping and fallingThey are fairly priced for most countryside horse riders and have attractive features like a zipper that is exiting to traditional cowboys
- Eye-catching and stylish design for the western and traditional lover
- Is a comfortable fit for a long time use
- An affordable and budget-friendly option with great features
- Soles tend to be a little noisy like plastic
- Quality inconsistencies have been reported by some of the customers
9. Durango Lady Rebel Women’s Western Boot
This is a Durango square-toe piece designed for ladies. It is designed with a rugged and attractive look, providing the uniqueness for women wearers. Durangos have always been a great option for fashionable choices.
The product has been created out of full-grain leather upper along with other features like a steel shank making it very durable and stable. This makes the boots great wear to work for the rancher women. They require little protection and are very comfortable.
- Durable and comfortable fit and design made to last
- Ideal for long hours work
- It has steels shank for feet safety and stability
- Not ideal for people with narrow feet
10. Twisted X Men’s Steel Square Toe Cowboy Work Boots
Twisted X men’s steel toe cowboy work boot is a stylish pair of boots designed rugged enough to stand heavy-duty jobs. The safety, protection, and comfort these boots provide make them fit for some very tough jobs.
It comes in over 10 different styles of color and design. Some styles come with a plain shaft and some come with a shaft densely covered with embroidery, providing you with a variety to choose from.
These boots have four pull holes at the collar where you insert fingers to give a good pull to wear your boots quickly and easily. The patch and stitching along the holes make the boots look even more visually appealing.
They have a steel cap in the bumper, a metallic toe that is very sturdy and prevents you from stubbing your toe or feet getting injured by some heavy objects falling on to them.
It is worth noting that whereas the upper is water-resistant, it is not waterproof. Unlike other cowboy boots that have a leather inner lining, Twisted X men’s steel toe cowboy work boots have a soft fabric lining along the shaft of the boots that makes them very comfortable to wear.
The boots come with a rubber sole that is slip-resistant and wear-resistant for any surface.
- Steel safety cap
- Moisture-wicking insoles
- Variety of styles
- Unique pull holes
- Good shock absorption
- Craftsmanship is a bit lacking
- Size runs on the large side
- Not waterproof
11. Laredo Women’s Anita Cowgirl Square Toe Boot
This is a classic and beautiful narrow square toe cowboy boot for ladies designed with genuine full-grain leather upper with crackled finish and displays a fashionable yet traditional western design. It has a decorative stitching and a double scallop collar with piping for a simple, yet fashionable look
It comes with a Flight Rubber outsole for maximum all surface grip and stability. The cushioned insole provides lasting comfort in and out of the saddle.
- It is classically beautiful.
- It is designed for all kinds of use and is very sturdy.
- A comfortable wear
- The sizing runs larger than usual.
- Not ideal for ladies with very narrow calves.
12. Children Western Kids Cowboy Boot
These boots are a perfect pick for cow boy kids. They have a very comfortable cushion insole and the design is crafted with durability in mind.
Made from synthetic leather for longevity, and have a square toe ideal for those newly venturing into cow boy boots.
For enhanced grip and safety, these boots have rubber sole making them all surface use boots.
- They are comfortable with a cushioned insole.
- The boots have a traditional design that looks great.
- They have plenty of space in the toe area.
- These aren’t as durable as some other options on the market.
- They get scratched up easily.
13. Smoky Mountain Children Luke Square Toe Western
These boots feature durable rubber soles that make them perfect for using outside, while the square toe provides plenty of room for your little one’s toes to move freely.
The boot is also designed to withstand shocks associated with children play. This durable pure leather boot comes equipped with a stockman heel which allows for tough wear. The boot has a classic look and comes in dark colors making it easy to clean for outdoor use. Their design makes them easier to put on and take off.
- They look great with their traditional design.
- They are easy to put on and take off, which is always a plus with kid’s boots.
- The boots are sturdy and great for outdoor use.
- They are easy to scuff up.
- The bottom soles are not very durable.
14. Ariat Men’s Sierra Wide Square Steel Toe Work Boot
These are comfortable, good-looking pure leather cowboy work boots with a short and flexible shaft.
The vamp has an extra layer of leather near the location the pants meet the boots which provide additional protection to the feet.
The Ariat Sierra boots are water-resistant and have insoles that wick moisture. They come with a marginally slip-resistant durable sole though it doesn’t grip very well, hence caution needs to be taken while walking on oil and water.
Ariat’s steel toe design is unobtrusive and allows for plenty of room for your toes.
- Soft pure leather 10″ shaft
- Comfortable insoles with moisture wicking
- Made of high-quality leather
- The sole does not grip well on oil and water
15. Justin Original Work Boots Men’s Stampede Pull-On Square Toe Work Boot
These attractive boots are carefully stitched, have steel shafts, and full welt construction. They come in various varieties for a wider choice.
The boots are made using high-quality treated leather which makes them flame resistant. Being cow boy work boots, they are made with heat rated outsoles than can withstand heat. They have a very good grip that makes one keep upright even in the slipperiest conditions.
Justin Original Men’s Stampede Square Toe Work Boots are an attractive blackened oil leather with tan stitching. The boots are comfortable, durable, yet retain their western style. They are good for people working for long hours on their feet.
- Safety design
- The rugged look of the boots
16. Justine Original Men’s Hybred Composite Square Toe Boot
This is a Stylish and comfortable boot with leather uppers providing a classic rugged look.
The Hybred Composite Toe has all the safety features found in the Stampede but also contains a protective covering for your toes.
It is a comfortable and durable work boot that is meant for less hazardous and harsh work environments offering electrical hazard protection and a supportive fit.
It has a roomy toe box, and the shaft is decorated with elaborate stitching. This is an attractive cow boy boot that can be worn any time and everywhere. It is very durable.
The boots are mainly made for work and come with durable cream blown rubber wedge non-slip soles, composite tough and light toe, and comfortable insoles for cushioning and shock absorption.
These are great boots to wear working construction, in a plant, or if you work around horses. Justin ropers are great horseback riding boots
- Protective toe made of composite material
- Wide shaft opening for easy slip-on and slip-off
- Durable non-slip rubber soles
- The Justin brand
- Has a problem with Boot sizing
17. Wolverine Men’s Rancher 10″ Square Toe Steel Toe Work Boot
Wolverine Men’s Rancher 10″ Square Toe Steel Toe Work Boot is an affordable solid work boot. It is a high-quality work boot made with 100 percent leather and has a non-slip synthetic sole. It has Goodyear welt construction and a steel toe features usually found in much more expensive boots. These Wolverines have a removable OrthoLite insole and moisture-wicking lining designed to keep feet dry.
- 100 percent leather construction
- Rubber outsoles
- Goodyear welting
18. Laredo Men’s Boot
These Laredo men’s boots are stylish and are more for casual wear than work. They are made from leather and synthetic combo, making them an all-time wear. The boots are moderately waterproof and provide an adequate grip, mostly on dry surfaces.
The shaft is mid-calf. They come in narrow and wide options to fit people with narrow and bigger calves. These boots’ outsoles are rubber, and they also have a support shank for increased protection and stability. Boots sizing isn’t true to size hence, you may need to order half a size bigger to yield the expected comfort. Overall the shoes are comfortable and come at a reasonable price.
- You can get these boots in one of six color options.
- These shoes are double stitched.
- There is a dual-density cushioned footbed that has gel pillows at critical points.
- The material they are made of is not all leather, as it says in the description.
19. Ariat Workhog
These are wide square toe boots made from high-quality leather with a great Goodyear Storm-welt construction. They have a durable design with a full-grain upper region and work hog style.
The welt is well cemented and quickly stitched to the mid and outsoles of the boots making them efficient on all surfaces.
They have an appealing 6-row stitch pattern and one mesh lining together with a shock-absorption EVA midsole for your toe protection, providing a highly breathable for greater comfort on long days. Their comfort, design, and construction are commensurate to their price.
- Extremely comfortable
- Pleasing appearance
- Worth the price
- Very light
- Extra support and less fatigue thanks to the extra-wide shank
- Duratread soles mean fewer slips
- For those with larger feet, the upper part has to be stretched. Many stores offer it for free
- A bit big for those with slim legs
- Stains easily
20. Ariat Mens Tombstone
These are classy extremely comfortable and durable pure leather cowboy boots. They have a classic block heel that gives them a traditional feel.
The boots come with a moisture-wicking and a gel-cushioned footbed that can absorb any shocks for maximum comfort.
Additionally, the boots have a Duratread outsole for enhanced grip and maximum wear resistance. Therefore you can wear them as much as you like and they should barely get damaged.
- Moisture-wicking footbed
- Gel cushioned footbed
- Shock absorption
- Duratread outsole
21. Ariat Men's Groundbreaker Wide Square Toe Workboot
These are Full-grain leather foot with a suede upper with a wide square toe. They are designed with a Four-row stitch pattern giving them a good look. The boots deliver generous comfort and support with multi-surface traction. The boots are the perfect choice for construction, factory or warehouse work; farm, and ranch work.
The wide toe assures of the safety of your toes and comes with a foot-bed for support and cushioning against shocks. They have a very comfortable insole with a higher rebound.
Asa perfect choice for workplaces, the boots are made with waterproof full-grain leather and have a mesh lining for comfort during long days work.
To match their use, they come with an all-surface, oil and slip-resistant Duratread rubber outsole that also enhances wear resistance.
- Removable comfortable innersole
- Heavy-duty oil and slip resisting Duratread outsole
- Fit very tight across the top of the foot making them hard to get feet in or out